Re: support for HP 3400C or 4300C?

From: Levente NOVAK (novak@jaguar.dote.hu)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 08:32:25 PST

    On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:

    > You have checked the parallel port Sane/Linux scanner page? Performance is
    > so crap with parallel scanners that I would avoid them like the plague.

    My Microtek Phantom 636cx parallel scanner is very fast compared to an old
    3-pass SCSI Microtek scanner we had at the lab (so it is not _always_ true
    that parallel scanners are slower than SCSI ones). I have to admit though,
    that even the with the valuable work of Karsten Festag on the microtek2
    backend, I still have problems in getting good pictures (but at least for
    some resolutions and image sizes, the scans are quite OK).

    Levente