Re: Microtek X6, USB and slackware problems

From: Karsten Festag (karsten.festag@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 12:11:34 PST

    I agree to Oliver, I also think the firmware is the issue. Somewhere in
    this list I read about upgrading the firmware but I don't remember for
    which scanner model this was. But I think it was at least for a Microtek
    scanner. Someone opened his scanner an read out the contens of his
    (correct) firmware eprom. Then it is possible to burn eproms for other
    scanners.
    The other way would be checking the communication with the Windows driver
    and see what they do with this command. Then perhaps it would be possible
    to make a workaround for SANE.