Re: Acer 640U: is it wrecked?

From: Christian Nassau (nassau@math.uni-frankfurt.de)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 02:18:49 PST

    Apparently the "measure_transferrate" routine doesn't work
    with your scanner (or usb firmware?). The problem with this routine
    is that it uses a vendor specific extension of the scsi-read
    instruction and there is no documentation about its proper use
    available. (I'm quite mystified by its behaviour on my Acer
    Scanprisa 640S)

    The good thing is that this routine might not be absolutely necessary.
    You could look into snapscan.c and uncomment the lines (in the
    routine sane_start)

        status = measure_transfer_rate(pss);
        CHECK_STATUS (status, me, "measure_transfer_rate");

    At least you should then get a different error (or the same error,
    but at a different place...)

    Good luck,

    Christian