Re: SANE 1.0.4 and SnapScan library problems

From: Heikki Kantola (hkantola+sane@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 23:58:47 PST

    According to Heikki Kantola <hkantola+sane@cc.helsinki.fi>:
    > As SANE 1.0.4 has arrived to Debian "unstable" distribution, I decided
    > to upgrade. As the snapscan backend still doesn't seem to include USB
    > support, I took the source and updated it with the code from SourceForge
    > and added the missing "SNAPSCAN 1212U_2" scanner id. Compile and install
    > went fine, but when I try to run some scanning program, they just spit
    > out nasty message: "error while loading shared libraries:
    > /usr/lib/sane/libsane-snapscan.so.1: undefined symbol: sanei_debug_max"
    >
    > So the question is why?

    I did solve the mystery: the problem was propably that I had copied
    the snapscan files from SANE 1.0.3 directory and there was also object
    files present, so mixing these with 1.0.4 files caused trouble.

    Now the SANE seems as well as before, the colour scans made with xsane
    or xscanimage still appear as striped though... :(

    --
    Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <Heikki.Kantola@IKI.FI>
    Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan