Re: scanning to cd-rom

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 10:19:48 PST

    steveu@coppice.org said:
    > Would you like to see some of my pile of CDs and CDRs that were fine
    > when new, but became unreadable within one year?

    I suspect either a dodgy writer and or dodgy media. I have many CD-R's that
    are much older than this and are all still perfectly readable. That said in
    my time I have come across CD-R's that are almost immediately unreadable.

    If you by cheap unbranded disks then the you only have yourself to blame.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195