Re: don't know how to connect my umax scanner

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 15:12:19 PST

    Per Jönsson wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a UMAX Astra 610S scanner, and the SCSI card that shipped with the
    > scanner (a UDS-IS11/ISA card). However, I'm not really sure what to do to
    > get the scanner up and running! I read that the g_NCR5380 module may work
    > with my card, so I do:
    >
    > insmod scsi_mod
    > insmod sg
    > insmod g_NCR5380 ncr_irq=255 ncr_addr=0x280 dtc_3181e=1
    >
    > after wich I get the response:
    > scsi0 : interrupts not enabled. for better interactive performance,
    > scsi0 : please jumper the board for a free IRQ.
    > scsi0 : at port 0x280 interrupts disabled options CAN_QUEUE=16
    > CMD_PER_LUN=2 release=1 generic options AUTOPROBE_IRQ AUTOSENSE generic
    > release=7
    > scsi0 : Generic NCR5380/53C400 Driver
    > scsi : 1 host.
    >
    > Now, I don't know where to go from here. "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" prints
    > "Attached devices: none"

    Hi Per,

    when cat /proc/scsi/scsi does not list your scanner it makes no
    sense to use find-scanner or scanimage.

    1) Is the scanner turned on an in "ready" mode (READY lamp on, not flashing)
    BEFORE you insmod g_NCR*
    2) Is the scanner connected correct and the termination of the scanner and
    the scsi card correct
    3) Is the scanner recogniced under windows?

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch