Re: New backends for SANE 1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 10:33:06 PST

    On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 06:52:27PM +0800, kwlee wrote:
    [I wrote:]
    > > Yes, definitely. I personally don't like these many files...
    > > especially because all other backends come with one (or few) .c
    > > file(s).
    > Because most of those scanners are embedded with F/W or cpu
    > so it's so simple to make those scanners work correctly.
    > Now all efforts are taken over by drivers, so you need so many files.

    But why can't you just put them into one (or some few) files? They are
    used together in one library, aren't they? But this may be a matter of
    taste.

    > hummm...if you can give me a hand to modify makefile which can
    > compiles files under a directory:)

    I don't know much about makefiles. Maybe someone else can help? At
    least the change has to be done in Makefile.in because from this file
    the Makefile is produced by configure.

    > > * Why is the prefix .cpp? Is there any c++ code in these files? Only C
    > > should be used in SANE
    > Because original codes are developed by c++(MS Visual c++)
    > but c++ work perfectly in sane 1.0.3:)

    C++ won't go into the SANE distribution. It may work with gcc but it
    won't with other compilers. I can test on Irix, Solaris and AIX, but
    the compilation broke on the first C++-style comment (//) :-)

     Bye,
       Henning