Re: New backends for SANE 1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 15:39:11 PST

    On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 11:34:23PM -0800, David Paschal wrote:
    > Hi, Henning. If possible I would like to get in my changes to support
    > SCL-based HP OfficeJets. It's a package at http://hpoj.sourceforge.net,
    > consisting of some external I/O drivers and libraries, and a patch to SANE
    > (mostly the HP backend) to make use of the external library when available.
    > Peter Kirchgessner has already committed most of my changes to the HP backend
    > into CVS. Still to commit are the changes to the configure script (Petter
    > suggested a better way to do it), config.h.in, hp.desc, and sane-hp.man.
    > I am reading up on autoconf at the moment to make sure I do it right this
    > time.

    Maybe just put your test as a macro in ac*.m4 (I forgot which must be
    used)? This wouldn't clutter configure.in too much.

    > What is the currently planned timeframe for preparing for 1.0.4?

    I think about two weeks until feature freeze and then about two more
    weeks to fix bugs. I will post a mail on sane-devel in the next days
    about the feature freeze (when I've checked the TODO list and the CVS
    and if nobody else is faster :-)

    I put an item on the TODO list for your package in any case.

    Bye,
      Henning