Re: New backends for SANE 1.0.4

From: David Paschal (paschal@rcsis.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 23:34:23 PST

    Hi, Henning. If possible I would like to get in my changes to support
    SCL-based HP OfficeJets. It's a package at http://hpoj.sourceforge.net,
    consisting of some external I/O drivers and libraries, and a patch to SANE
    (mostly the HP backend) to make use of the external library when available.
    Peter Kirchgessner has already committed most of my changes to the HP backend
    into CVS. Still to commit are the changes to the configure script (Petter
    suggested a better way to do it), config.h.in, hp.desc, and sane-hp.man.
    I am reading up on autoconf at the moment to make sure I do it right this
    time.

    What is the currently planned timeframe for preparing for 1.0.4?

    David