Epson 640U - similar to 610?

From: phil_endecott@spamcop.net
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 09:15:40 PST

    Hi Sane Experts,

    Does anyone know anything about the Epson 640U? See, for example,

    http://www.epson.co.uk/sohoprod/imaging/scanner/perf640/index.htm

    I had decided to buy a 610, based on it being supported by Sane, but it seems that
    it has now been superceeded by this new model. I get the impression that they
    are quite similar but I'm not keen to buy one unless I can be reasonably sure that it
    will work. Has anyone used one of these? Does anyone have a friendly contact in
    Epson who could find out for us?

    Many thanks for any help.

    --Phil.