Agfa Snapscan 310 color problem

From: Timo Hoderlein (timo.hoderlein@wanadoo.es)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 02:53:44 PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have problems scanning in color under Linux. I'm using the Mandrake
    Distribution 7.0 with sane version 1.0.3-1 and xsane 0.61-1. Scanning of
    greyscale pictures is fine through the whole range of configurations.
    But when I try to scan color pictures, I only get final results of
    pictures of the size of CD covers and the scanning works only up to a
    resolution of 75 dpi. The result, though, is worthless because the parts
    of the picture are disarranged and displaced and the colors are not like
    the original and blurred. At a depth of 100 dpi and higher, the scanner
    moves through the whole area, but the frontend does not receive RGB-data
    ("no green status bar").

    The configuration of my system is the following:
    Motherboard Asus K7V-T
    AMD Athlon 800
    Matrox Millenium II
    Soundblaster PCI128
    Realmagic Hollywood Plus
    Adaptec AHA-2940UW Pro with Quantum Viking II 4.5 WLS and IBM
    DCAS-32169W and Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-303
    Adaptec AVA-2904 with the scanner connected to it (Agfa Snapscan
    310)

    Can anyone help with this problem? I'd also like to know if there is a
    possibility to scan with a resolution of more than 300 dpi.

    Please, let me know if you need more information on my system
    (configuration).

    Best regards,

    Timo