Re: Agfa Snapscan 310 color problem

From: John Craig (jcraig@agen.ufl.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 11:11:37 PST

    Glad to see that you and some other folks are working hard on the
    snapscan backend.

    I have similar problems to what is reported here. The scanner I have is
    called
    AcerScan (Prisa) 610ST It is a SCSI model with a built-in transparency
    module.
    My understanding is that the differences between models are something
    like this:

                8/24 bit 10/30bit 12/36bit 12/48bit
    DPI ________________________________
    300 | 300 310 320 340
    600 | 600 610 620 640

    I would also note that the Vendor ID string for my model is:
    FlatbedScanner_4
    This is odd because in the snapscan.h header file it seems to indicate
    that
    FlatbedScanner_4 is the vendor ID for the VUEGO310S.
    The VUEGO610S should be FlatbedScanner_2.
    Also, the Vuego and Prisa names seem odd. Perhaps this is a difference
    between Agfa and Acer models, but my scanner is clearly marked Prisa,
    even though it is 10-bit model.

    I have installed sane-1.0.3 Redhat 7 rpms and source code, and also have
    sane-1.0.1 sourcecode.

    Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve these issues? I am trying to
    make sense out this so we can have support for all of the snapscan
    models instead of just a few. I will try to apply your patch today as
    is, and see of it works. If not, maybe we can work out how to modify it
    to cover 610s models as well as 310s models.

    Thanks much,

    John Craig