Re: Agfa Snapscan 310 color problem

From: Sébastien Sablé (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 17:08:23 PDT

    Timo Hoderlein <timo.hoderlein@wanadoo.es> writes:

    > But when I try to scan color pictures, I only get final results of
    > pictures of the size of CD covers and the scanning works only up to a
    > resolution of 75 dpi. The result, though, is worthless because the parts
    > of the picture are disarranged and displaced and the colors are not like
    > the original and blurred. At a depth of 100 dpi and higher, the scanner
    > moves through the whole area, but the frontend does not receive RGB-data
    > ("no green status bar").

    I had the same problems with my scanner, but corrected them thanks to
    a few changes in snapscan. I made the same changes for your model
    (SNAPSCAN310) in this version of the backend:

    http://download.sourceforge.net/snapscan/snapscan-28102000.tar.gz

    You can read documentation on how to use this here:

    http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/

    If this doesn't work, could you please try:

    export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=1

    before scanning to see which model is detected.

    If this works, please let me know so we can add it in snapscan.

    > possibility to scan with a resolution of more than 300 dpi.

    Your scanner probably can't go that high.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net