Re: What about the #include <sane/...> statements in the header files?

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 09:17:34 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 08:45:07PM +0200, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
    > > We've removed all the
    > > #include <sane/...>
    > >
    > > statements from the backends and we've replaced them with
    > >
    > > #include "sane/..."
    > >
    > > But what about the header files, they're full of the old include
    > > statement? Shouldn't we also change this ?
    >
    > Hm, I'm wasn't sure if this works in the case the headers are installed and
    > used e.g. when compiling XSane. Will an include "sane/..." look at the
    > system include headers also? Seems to be true. We should test if this
    > results in the wanted behaviour (package should use own headers if
    > available) before changing this.
    >
    > Probably this will be easier when the frontends are removed from the sane
    > package. BTW: Has Oliver talked about the proposal to merge the XSane
    > package and the frontends currently included in the SANE package?

    Hi Henning,

    sane should only install the header sane.h and saneopts.h.
    The headers sanei*.h are only for sane internal (thats why it
    is called sanei) usage. sanei*.h should not be installed
    to the system. (should be fixed in sane-1.0.4)

    sane.h and saneopts.h do not use any #include

    I do not plan to create a package that contains xsane and xscanimage.

    I think:
            scanimage - should be kept in the sane package
            xscanimage - should be published in an own package
            xcam - should be published in an own package

    scanimage is not very large and is important for tests, so it
    should be always available.

    In the most cases a user needs only one of xscanimage/xsane,
    so it does not make sense to create a package that includes both

    xcam is only interesting for cameras or may be the bttv backend.
    So most users do not need it.

    We should prepare that for sane-1.0.4

    are there any time-plans for sane-1.0.4?

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch