Re: Rescan SCSI Bus

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 09:03:36 PDT

    Steffen Vogelreuter wrote:

    > My scanner was off during reboot. I wanted my scanner work without another reboot
    > and I used the echo command from the FAQ but the scanner was detected as sg3
    > and not as sg2 as he is detected at normal reboot. After that SANE returns "no
    > devices available" How can I tell the echo to use the scanner as sg2 or SANE to
    > use sg3.

    Hi Steffen,

    there is no good way to do that,

    but:
    1) this happens more often, change the scsi ID of the scanner (may be you have
    to swap it with an other device) so that it gets the largest number
    (eg 6) used by all scsi devices. This way you do not change the order
    of the devices when the scanner is recogniced after boot.

    2) change permission of /dev/sg3 (use the same permissions like /dev/sg2)

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch