Re: image data format polarity

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 23:46:46 PDT

    Nick Lamb wrote:

    > > Does anyone really think it would be a good idea to change an existing
    > > standard in such a point? I don`t think so.
    >
    > Chaper, section, subsection reference to the STANDARD please Oliver,
    > or do you mean "I don't want to change XSane at this point" ? I do not
    > see anything about this mess in the standard, just a clean clear
    > description of the various color depths.

    Hi Nick,

    it really looks like it is not described in the standard defined in
    sane.[tex,dvi,ps,..]

    But this does not change anything here.

    There is no reason to discuss it any longer. In this case the standard
    is defined by the existing implementations of it: scanimage, xscanimage
    and xsane use it the same way as almost all backends do.

    And now I do say something I normally would not do, but I hope I can
    prevent this discussion list and the programmers here from the
    thing that happend last year so I do say it now:

     Do you want to mess up the list with a really unnecessary discussion?
     Does this get the same discussion style like last year - a la:
     "I want to have it in another way - there is no advantage of this way but
      I bother all the others until nobody says anything against it" ?
     Please Nick: Let us use our time to do constructive work and not to
     do senseless discussions. If you want to say: "this is a standard
     that I have written" then write your own one but do not disturb the people
     who want to spend their time for other, consturctive things.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch