Re: Problems with Mustek 1200 SP, mode color. WITH debug.log

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 09:52:54 PDT

    On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 10:17:17AM +0200, Paul Aschenborn wrote:
    > ok, did it. I'll attach the log at the end of the message.
    > Firmware is 1.06

    Thank you.

    > > The error results from different methods to compensate fort the line shift
    > > of the three color CCD lines. Some scanners do this line-distance correction
    > > internally, for some this must be done in the backend. So the backend must
    > > know for which firmware version it should do the correction and for which
    > > it's not necessary.
    > >

    > ok, I got that. I am really glad you help me. I havent found a single word to that
    > problems in the documentation or on the websites. Maybe I havent
    > looked close enough.

    You are right. I will put some lines about the source of the problem on the
    trouble-shooting page.

    Try the following: Edit backend/mustek.c, change the following line (ca.
    1051):

          if ((fw_revision != 0x107) && (fw_revision != 0x102))

          if ((fw_revision != 0x106) && (fw_revision != 0x102))

    and than make and install sane again. Try if it's better now.

    Bye,
      Henning