Re: EPSON GT-6500

From: khk@khk.net
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 05:24:14 PDT

    Hi Peter,

    I am positive that we can get your scanner running.

    Peter Mittermayer <peter@max.astro.univie.ac.at> said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to get the Epson GT-6500 to work with SANE.

    [ ... ]

    > So I edited /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf to contain:
    > scsi EPSON
    > /dev/scanner

    You only need one of these lines: Either the first one or the
    second one. I would remove the second line and just leave the
    "scsi EPSON" line in there.

    > But doing a scanimage -L results in:
    > [epson] ident failed
    > and hangs.
    >
    > I tried to set SANE_DEBUG_EPSON to 8 and got the following output when
    > starting scanimage -L:

    Can you please try the same with a debug level of 128. This will be
    very verbose, the software will report every byte that is communicated
    between the scanner and the backend, but because you don't get to actually
    scan it should not be too bad.

    Please send this file to me and not to the mailing list. I don't think
    everybody on this lists appreciates to receive tons of useless data (for
    most people at least).

    > Any idea what could be wrong? According to
    > http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html this scanner should work
    > at least on parallel interface. i use scsi which might be the problem ...?
    > But how can I make it work on scsi???

    The scanner is not one of the newer models, so it probably never got
    tested in the SCSI version. That the parport version does work is at
    least a good indication that it should work with the SCSI version.

    Karl Heinz