scsi card conflict

From: bob (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:32:32 PDT

    Okay, all this used to work...then, in a moment of madness, I upgraded
    my linux distribution. Guess what!

    Anyway, if I do things like I used to, I lose my cdrom drive (which is
    being run under scsi emulation, since it's an IDE burner). In
    /etc/conf.modules the disto has the following relevant lines:

    alias block-major-11 scsi_hostadapter
    alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
    pre-install plip modprobe parport_pc ; echo 7 > /proc/parport/0/irq
    post-install supermount modprobe scsi_hostadapter

    This, by itself seems to work. But now I add my commands for an
    almost-real scsi card:

    alias scsi_hostadapter aha152x
    post-install sg modprobe aha152x
    options aha152x aha152x=0x140,9

    And I lose the cdrom (although the scanner seems to work okay).

    I'm not sure if this is a device problem or due to scsi_hostadapter
    being re-aliased? The cdrom is linked as

            /dev/cdrom -> scd0

    Which I think is right.

    So, I think I have to change the alias setting up the lha152
    adapter...but don't know how. BTW, in my previous setup I had the
    scsi-emulation enabled with;

    options ide-cd ignore=hdd # tell the ide-cd module to ignore
    hdd
    alias scd0 sr_mod # load sr_mod upon access of scd0
    #pre-install ide-scsi modprobe imm # uncomment for some ZIP drives
    only
    pre-install sg modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi before sg
    pre-install sr_mod modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi before sr_mod
    pre-install ide-scsi modprobe ide-cd # load ide-cd before ide-scsi

    But that doen's work anymore either (even after out-commenting the stuff
    at the top of this message.

    Thanks!

    --
       __