Re: Mustek SP12000pro Problem

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 11:27:38 PDT

    On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 01:09:24AM +0200, Thomas Haberland wrote:
    > my new Mustek 12000 Pro scanner, supported Firmware 1.01, does not work. When

    What scanner exactly? Mustek Paragon 1200 SP Pro or Paragon 1200 A3 Pro?

    > starting xsane or scanimage the scan job stops after a few seconds, after
    > appr. 5 or 6 cm. No scan result appears into the xsane window.

    Could you please send the result (debug.log) of the following command to me?

    SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=5 scanimage -d /dev/scanner 2>debug.log >image.pnm

    Thank you. Any output from the SCSI driver in /var/log/messages?

    I can't test the Pro scanners, because I don't have any of them. I had a
    Paragon 1200 A3 Pro for some weeks and that one worked.

    > I added an active scsi terminator to the Mustek scsi port. The external scsi
    > cable is brand new and ok. But it can't be an scsi or cable problem because
    > the scanner works into NT 4.;-)

    Sometimes the Linux and NT drivers have different opinions about things like
    this :-) But I don't thnk it's a SCSI problem in your case.

    I am without Internet connection for about two weeks so it can take some
    time to answer.

    Bye,
      Henning