Re: Acer ScanPrisa 640UT

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:14:11 PDT

    > The problem I am left with
    > is uploading the correct firmware to the scanner - I can load any of the
    > Acer firmwares in their distribution (which is why I think the USB is
    > working at very least), the only problem is that there are 6 different
    > firmware files! A couple of them have made my scanner make a high pitched
    > squeal, so I am a little hesitant to try the others, although I assume
    > that *one* of them must be the right one :-)

    I have tried them the hard way for my 620UT. It seems that the naming
    convention for the firmware file is something like 'uXXvYYY.bin'. I assume that
    the first letter ('u' or 'p') indicates USB or parallel models. YYY seems to
    indicate the version number. I finally succeeded with the file with the highest
    version number.

    Maybe this helps you to chose the right one. But keep your thumb on the power
    switch...

    Oliver