Re: Acer ScanPrisa 640UT

From: D Milburn (milburn@saturn-mig.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 10:57:46 PDT

    On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > Have you looked at http://www.linux-usb.org? I am using this backport with
    > Linux 2.2.15. The backport should work with 2.2.16 also.
    >
    > I don't know your scanner, so I can't help with this.
    >
    > Bye,
    > Henning

    Yes, I downloaded the USB backport to 2.2.16 today and the USB stuff
    *seems* to work fine. I've also compiled sane. The problem I am left with
    is uploading the correct firmware to the scanner - I can load any of the
    Acer firmwares in their distribution (which is why I think the USB is
    working at very least), the only problem is that there are 6 different
    firmware files! A couple of them have made my scanner make a high pitched
    squeal, so I am a little hesitant to try the others, although I assume
    that *one* of them must be the right one :-)

    Thanks,

    Duncan