Re: Microtek Phantom with ppSCSI

From: Bernard MICHAUD (michaud-b@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 12:13:56 PDT

    This is also a very good news for me since I passed some time to make my
    Phantom 330CX working under Linux.

    Riku, how did you do to succeed. With my scanner, I went far, but
    finally got an "error during device I/O" (posted on this list 21 july),
    but I got no answer/comment from the list. (I use microtek2). So I am
    stopped and must use W9x to obtain images. (I remember that some
    parameters were mandatory for the definition of the W9X driver which is
    also a scsi emulator on PP, maybe this is to be taken into account with
    microtek2?).
    Regards.

    B.Michaud

    Marcel Pol a écrit :

    > > MRS-600V3)
    > >>
    > >> Not that same model, but i had two working with ppscsi.
    > >
    > > I finally got it working! Now the very last reason to use any Windows
    > > compatible operating system has gone away. Except for OCR application I
    > > may
    > > have to use WINE if I don't want to pay $99 for Vivdata's OCR Shop (is
    > > anyone using it?).
    > >
    > > Funny thing is that although the badge says MRS-600V3 SANE and others
    > > recognise the scanner as 300A4.
    >
    > Nice that you got it working :)
    > For ocr you might like to try gocr. You can get it at:
    > http://altmark.nat.uni-magdeburg.de/~jschulen/ocr/
    >
    > >> I like it as module, with the 2.2 kernel i have some problems with
    > >> sharing
    > > the
    > >> parport with a printer. With 2.4 it seems to go much smoother, but
    > >> well, i
    > > used
    > >> it only for one week.
    > >
    > > There are obvious problems with sharing. As long as I had parport module
    > > loaded, onscsi replied that "Resource is busy".
    >

    > Marcel Pol
    > Linuxuser 163523
    >
    > mpol@gmx.net
    > Suse 6.3 Kernel 2.2.16