Re: firmware update microtek scanmaker X6 was: poor poor support fromMicrotek

From: Bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 14:19:49 PDT

    Joachim Heidemeier wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 May 2000, Harald Finster wrote:
    >
    > > Harald Finster wrote:
    > > >

    > > > The same problems occur with Microtek X6 (I reported about quite recently).
    > > > Currently I try to get the latest firmware-release ( > 1.6 ) from Microtek,
    > > > because the problems mentioned seem to be solved with V1.6 (and higher)
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I contacted Microtek (Germany and NL as well) in order to get a firmware
    > > update which would (hopefully) solve the problems reported.
    > > Unfortunately Microtek does not seem to be willing to help.

    Glad to hear that they've not changed. I bought an E3 several years ago.
    Unfortunately a month after getting it the sucker stopped working. It
    cost me nearly as much in toll charges to get a RMA as it was worth. To
    be fair, they did fix it, and it's been working fine since. But, the
    service run-around I got will ensure that my next scanner is NOT a
    Microtek.

    --
       __
      /  )      /         Bob van der Poel