Re: firmware update microtek scanmaker X6 was: poor poor support fromMicrotek

From: Harald Finster (finster@ave.ac.agit.de)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 23:23:07 PDT

    Joachim Heidemeier wrote:

    Hi,

    > On Fri, 19 May 2000, Harald Finster wrote:

    > new developments or informations with regard to this problem?
    > I have the same problems with my scanmaker X6 Firmware Version 1.3

    sorry, I should have posted this earlier, but I have been on vacation
    for a few weeks.
    Yes, the problem seems to be solved.
    A while ago someone in de.rec.fotografie asked about Microtec
    scanners and I posted the (frustrating) story about the X6 firmware.
    A very friendly reader had V 1.6 and made a copy of the firmware EPROM
    (V1.6) for me. Unfortunately, this is not es easy as it looks at the first
    glance, as Microtec uses (used) some kind of very strange mixture between
    EEPROM and EPROM. Fortunately a 'normal' EPROM seems to work too.
    So, if anyone is interested, I will read the contents of my (V1.6)
    EPROM and send it via mail.

    Greetings

    Harald

    --