scan resolution

From: Norbert Koch (NKoch@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 05:45:38 PDT

    Hello.
    I am using an HP Scanjet IIcx with sane 1.0.2 under FreeBDS 4.0.
    When trying different resolutions I find the following:
     --mode Lineart --resolution xxx works ok.
    (At least I see different file sizes for different resolutions)
    For modes Color and Grayscale I always get the same resolution (300dpi ?).
    The hardware resolution of this scanner is 400dpi.
    Any idea?

    Norbert Koch