RE: Microtek Scanmaker E3 Plus

From: Marcel Pol (mpol@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 10:08:28 PDT

    On 06-Jul-00 jwj@vnet.net wrote:
    > I'm trying to get my Microtek Scanmaker E3 Plus working with sane.
    > The scanner is recognized by the kernel during boot up with the following:
    >
    > But when I run scanimage --list-devices I get nothing.
    > [microtek2] add_device_list: Comment or empty line in microtek2.conf
    > [microtek2] check_inquiry: Model 0x90 not supported
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Well, I don't know much about it, but it sounds like something I understand.
    The programmer of this backend is busy with other things, so I guess the users
    may help eachother.

    Just to be sure I added my own microtek2.conf, but I think that's ok.
    I didn't change anything to it:

    # See sane-microtek2(5) for a description of the options

    option dump 1
    # option lightlid-35 on
    # option no-backtrack-option on
    scsi * * Scanner

    The errormessages say Model 0x90 isn't supported.
    I looked in the backend, microtek2.conf.
    At line 3121 there is a model code 0x90 mentioned.
    Somewhere at line 2190 there isn't.

    I think it is a good idea to add the model code to line 2190, between 0x8d and
    0x91. And to make the line look like 0x8d and 0x92, with the same name set as
    in line 3121.

    Then you should it and install it.
    I hope it works out ok.

    Marcel Pol