Re: Mustek SE12000SP Plus

From: Gerald Teschl (gerald@esi.ac.at)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 07:53:49 PDT

    Joachim Ansorg wrote:

    > I have the same scanner. It works.

    This is good news! That means it must be a configuration problem.

    > Output of "dir /dev/scanner":
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root scanner 3 Jan 14 14:47 /dev/scanner -> sg1

    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Jun 28 19:01 /dev/scanner -> sgb
    (sg1 is just a link to sgb)

    > my Output:
    >
    > device `mustek:/dev/scanner' is a Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP (Plus) flatbed
    > scanner
    >
    > > but got nothing (should'nt I at least get the two virtual devices!?)
    >
    > Only if you enabled the dummy PNM backend.

    Uups. My mistake. Forgot to uncomment them in ddl.conf. However, I did so and
    the output is still empty!?

    > Are you sure your mustek.conf file is correct (containinng correct devices)
    > and that your dll.conf file of sane contains the mustek backend ?

    I didn't change it. The device entry is correct.

    What distribution do you use (SUSE)? Did you compile it yourself or did
    you use prebuilt packages (if yes, where did you get them from)?

    Thank you so much for your help!! You made my day,
    Gerald