Re: musteka4s2: problems (solved)

From: Paulo Abreu (paulotex@geocities.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 19:14:34 PDT

    Paulo Abreu said at ÒRe: musteka4s2: problemsÓ.
    [03/06/2000 07:38]

    > Jochen Eisinger said at ÒRe: musteka4s2: problemsÓ.
    > [03/06/2000 02:08]
    > >
    > > What scanner is connected to your PC? Is it still this Mustek SE12000P?
    > > In this case, the scanner is just not recognized. the backend just
    > > supports ASIC-ID 1013 (CCD-Type 0 & 1) and ASIC-ID 1015 (CCD-Type 0, 1&4
    > > are unstable) scanners. The Mustek SE120000P reports ASIC-ID 1505
    > > (CCD-Type unknown)...
    > >

    > I am impressed you remember :-)! Yes, its the SE12000P. But I patched the
    > source to code think that the asic 1505 is the same as the 1015. A few
    > months ago, this worked, that is, the backend tried to do something with
    > my
    > scanner (and failed miserably, of course), but now that doesn't even
    > happen
    > :-(.

    Ok, everything is ok now. The problem was I was 'su' before running
    scanimage. I should log as root and patch, compile, install and run logged
    as such, not doing a 'su' once in a while.

    musteka2s2 now turns my se12000p light on and off, but its a terribly ugly
    patch *sigh*.

    Paulo