Re: musteka4s2: problems

From: Paulo Abreu (paulotex@geocities.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 00:38:06 PDT

    Jochen Eisinger said at ÒRe: musteka4s2: problemsÓ.
    [03/06/2000 02:08]

    > What scanner is connected to your PC? Is it still this Mustek SE12000P?
    > In this case, the scanner is just not recognized. the backend just
    > supports ASIC-ID 1013 (CCD-Type 0 & 1) and ASIC-ID 1015 (CCD-Type 0, 1&4
    > are unstable) scanners. The Mustek SE120000P reports ASIC-ID 1505
    > (CCD-Type unknown)...

    I am impressed you remember :-)! Yes, its the SE12000P. But I patched the
    source to code think that the asic 1505 is the same as the 1015. A few
    months ago, this worked, that is, the backend tried to do something with my
    scanner (and failed miserably, of course), but now that doesn't even happen
    :-(.

    > > If I use a different argument to the right of the : I get often a seg
    > > fault, eg:
    > > scanimage -d musteka4s2:0x278
    > >

    > This is a bug... the backend fails to gain IO privileges using ioparm()
    > when the device isn't mentioned in the config file. When the backend
    > tries to detect the scanner it catches a SIGSEGV...

     Thanks.

    I'll double check my 'patches' again, to make sure I didn't left anything
    out. I've started to work with the code from
    Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin <d_odonnabhain@vistech.ie>
    and I'd like to be able to start mixing both codes...

    Paulo