Re: Good A3 scanner?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 11:16:32 PDT

    > I thought I would jump on this thread to share my Mustek experience.......
    > I own a Mustek Paragon 1200 LS 8.5"x14" scan area............SCSI

    Just to be sure, this is not an A3 scanner.

    > I used the scanner successfully with Caldera 2.3 and SuSE 6.2.......with SANE
    > 1.01-2...

    If you can use the Mustek backend from http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/
    and send me a debug output I may be able to adjust the backend to the
    correct paper length (at the moment you are only able to scan in A4 (30cm)
    size, aren't you?) The scanner Id is the same as that of the Scanexpress
    12000SP scanners and these are A4. But maybe there is some bit in the rest
    of the inquiry that specifies legal size. I can check this only when
    somebody sends me a debug output from a current Mustek backend.

    Bye,
      Henning