Re: README updates?

From: Kurt Savegnago (ksaves2@theramp.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 10:22:16 PDT

    Yeah,

      I've been at it (Linux) for 5 and a half years and as soon as I think
    I have things set up perfect I get bit. I did have my main machine
    running
    perfectly with all my aps including SANE, WINE and Dosemu and then one
    of
    my drives croaks. Fortunately it was a 2Gb drive used for run of the
    mill
    file storage and I was able to plug in a new drive and test out my BRU
    backup software. It worked.

      One thing one has to keep in mind is to get the kernel compiled
    properly
    for scsi support. I found with the scanners it takes scsi generic
    support
    to get the support for a scsi device. If one gets that correct, it's a
    breeze. I now think, after setting up a variety of scsi devices, it is
    easier to get a supported scsi device running than any other peripheral.

                                            Best regards,
                                            Kurt Savegnago
                                            ksave2@theramp.net