RE: Umax 1220S + Transparency adapter + XSANE

From: S.P.Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 08:52:23 PDT

    Hi Johan, Hi everyone.

    Yes, have same combination and with xsane 0.59 the image jumps about if you
    try to do anything to it. I use xsane 0.57 for transparancies.

    BTW I find I need maximum gamma, 3, and loads of gimp manipulation to get
    anywhere decent scans from 35mm slides. Have SuSE 6.4 with Adaptec 2904

    Steve.

    ----------
    > De: Johan Bengtsson <johanb@lls.se>
    > A: sane-devel@mostang.com
    > Asunto: Umax 1220S + Transparency adapter + XSANE
    > Fecha: domingo 7 de mayo de 2000 18:00
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wondering if there is anybody on the list using this combination
    successfully.
    > This scanner always works fine for me when when I'm using it in
    reflective mode.
    > Scanning with the UTA also works well when I use it under Windows NT or
    with
    > xscanimage. But with xsane I'm having problems. It doesn't scan the area
    > select in preview, and sometimes the preview image is distorted. When I
    use the
    > "Autoadjust gamma..." button the preview image will move a bit. Once I
    got a
    > good scan after removing the .xsane directory, but that didn't last...
    >
    > It has been suggested to me that the problem could be scsi related, but I
    have
    > tried three different cards, checked termination, changed settings in
    scsi
    > adapters bios, checked for resource conflicts etc. with no sign of
    > improvement. I have also this week reinstalled my whole system, going
    from
    > Redhat 6.0 --> Open Linux 2.4 - didn't help either. I'm running the
    latest
    > versions of SANE & XSANE.
    >
    > Any clues?
    >
    > I'm very grateful for any help!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Johan Bengtsson

    > E-mail @ home: johanb@lls.se ICQ: 27505976
    > Personal website:
    > http://www.lls.se/~johanb/
    > Fotografiska föreningen i Göteborg:
    > http://www.netg.se/ffg/
    > Tent Of Miracles - the unofficial homepage of the legendary band
    Spirit: