Re: SnapScan

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 14:09:34 PDT

    > To anyone using the SnapScan driver:
    >
    > How well does it function for you right now, and which model scanner do you
    > have?

    I have an Acer ScanPrisa 620 UT. It works, but the RGB offsets are noticeable.

    Other things which I noticed:
    1. There seems to be some kind of calibration problem. I can reproduce the
    problem mostly on grey-scale images with an area of about 50% grey value.
    Some columns (1 pixel width) have darker grey values than the
    immediate neighborhood.

    2. If I look at a histogram of a scanned image it is noticeable that it has
    "holes" for certain values, i.e. some rgb-values never get out of the scanner.
    I would expect to get a continous histogram if I scan a photo (which I do get
    if I use the scanner under windows).

    Oliver