Re: SnapScan

From: Russ Burdick (grub@extrapolation.net)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 08:17:39 PDT

    On Mon, 1 May 2000, Steve Underwood wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know what is happening with the Snapscan backend
    > development? The home page for this doesn't appear to have changed in a
    > while, and the latest updates in Sane 1.0.2 seem to be from someone
    > else.

    i've seen several questions in this regard here and via email, and the
    maintainer seems to have disappeared. it is my understanding that there
    hasnt been any change in the backend for some time (ie-before aug 99)

    > I'm interested in making this driver work for an additional model of
    > scanner - the Acer Vuego 610S/610plus. A few simple changes to the code
    > in Sane 1.0.2 have achieved some basic functionality, but there are
    > still some problems. I'd like advice about a couple of aspects of the
    > existing software before I make further changes.

    it was my understanding that the acer 610s was already supported (at least
    partially) by the snapscan backend, however i dont know if the "vuego
    610S/610plus" is a different model. back around august i was talking with
    the maintainer about trying to get the backend working properly for the
    310S, but then the emails stopped coming back. i've been meaning to take a
    look at the code myself but just havent had the time. dont know how much
    similarity there is between the 610 and the 310, but i'd be willing to
    lend whatever support i can. good luck.

    Russ