Re: Transparency support for snapscan backend

From: Karlheinz Günster (karlheinz.guenster@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 07:49:45 PDT

    Am Fre, 28 Apr 2000 schrieb Oliver Schwartz:
    > Hi all,

    Hi Oliver,

    > I've put a first version of my patch for transparency support in the snapscan
    > backend on my homepage (http://www.ginko.de/user/oschwartz/snapscan).
    >
    > Up to now I have only tested it with an Acer ScanPrisa 620UT.
    >
    > The patch is for sane-1.0.2. It does not work with previous versions.
    >
    > If you have a Snapscan or Acer Prisa scanner with transparency unit please try
    > it and tell me whether it works for you.

    it runs! Thank you very much for your work.

    Only the following appeared:

    On your homepage in the "installation instructions" under "5." should
    only be the instruction "make", under "6." "make install", without dot
    and slash. This way my system is working correctly.

    I copied "find-scanner" manually, because "make install" and
    "tools" haven't been installed.

    Version 1.0.2 don't overwrite existing files in /usr/local/etc/sane.d
    and /usr/local/lib/sane. I searched for it a long time, at least
    found it and then deleted it manually.

    The scan looks very fine.

    Finally I have three wishes:

    The scanarea can be 21,5 x 29 cm.

    A switch that allows me to choice between negative and positive scan.

    And a little faster scan only by 600 dpi with maximal scan-area in mode
    flatbed. A scan with this resolution was running 45 minutes before
    xscanimage disapeared suddenly, although only half of the image was
    scanned.

    Other resolutions are okay.

    Greetings and thanks.
    Karlheinz