Re :- Film Scanner advice

From: Dave Restall - System Administrator (dave@restall.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 08:20:08 PDT

    > I am looking to buy a film scanner so that I can scan and archive the
    > family collection of photographs. I have already tackled the photos
    > for which no negative exists using my HP-5200C.

    Have you looked at :-

            http://www.slidescan.co.uk

    I recently purchased one of these and the results are quite good. It's a
    bit fiddly to set up but once set and you're over the learning curve,
    then the results are adequate. I've managed 6x6 scans, which is about
    the limit and my negs and transparencies need to be colour corrected -
    which is probably a problem with the scanner - everything seems to have
    too much blue) - b&w scans work very well. You will need to scan at
    maximum optical resolution for the smaller format negatives. They also
    offer a fourteen day money back guarantee if not satisfied.

    Regards,

    Dave
    mail/sane/jonathan-2000-04-02.tx sane, jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    | Dave Restall Internet Intranet Resourcing Consultancy Limited |
    | Tel. +44 (0) 1287 653003 Mob. +44 (0) 973 831245 Fax. +44 (0) 1287 652546 |
    | email : dave@iirc.net dave@restall.net Web : http://www.iirc.net |