Film Scanner advice

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 04:58:44 PDT

    I am looking to buy a film scanner so that I can scan and archive the
    family collection of photographs. I have already tackled the photos
    for which no negative exists using my HP-5200C.

    What I want to do now is scan in the the photos for which negatives exists.
    The problem as I see it is that while all the photos from the mid eighties
    are on 35mm film and APS, before then I have a large number of 110 and 126
    negatives. In addition to that I also have a collection of older odd sized
    negatives.

    All the film scanners I can see only seem to support 35mm and APS negatives.

    Does anyone know of a film scanner at a reasonable price that will support
    the 110 and 126 negatives in particular. Alternatively does anyone know
    of an adaptor that will make them look 35mm film?

    Linux/Sane compatibility would be nice, but at this point any scanner would
    do.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195