Re: Saned doesn't seem to work

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 19:29:00 PST

    > I'm to this, so excuse me if I have over looked anything.

    Make sure the net.conf on client A contains the hostname of server B,
    and that saned.conf on server B contains the hostname of client A (or
    "+" if you use tcp-wrapper for access control. :-)

    > Is this a known issue ?
    > Anything I've missed that is hidden in the docs ?

    'man saned' and 'man sane-net' should enlighten you. The last time I
    saw your error message, it was really access problem on the server.
    We need to find a way to report this problem properly to the users.
    Please send patches. :-)

    > And how do I compile (saned) with debugging support ?

    Debugging is already compiled into SANE. It is enabled by setting
    enviroment SANE_DEBUG_<part>, where part could be SANED, NET, DLL and
    other keywords. When using debugging with saned, the protocoll get
    confused.

    To work around this problem, try my patch to send debug info to syslog
    if stderr is a socket, and let me know if it works, before I commit it
    to CVS. It is available from
    <URL:http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/sane/sane-debug-to-syslog.patch>.

    > Repost, 1st one got lost !

    Both seem to have made it to the mail archive. :-)

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no