Saned doesn't seem to work

From: Thomas Chiverton (falken@grenville.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 08:07:35 PST

    Repost, 1st one got lost !

    BTW- I'm willing to help with truss outputs, patch's etc...

    --
    Thomas Chiverton, systems admin. and WebMaster
    e-mail: falken@grenville.co.uk phone : 01565 757 909 (mobile 07967672404)

    ---------- Forwarded message ---------- I'm to this, so excuse me if I have over looked anything.

    I have a client, A, who needs to user the scanner on B.

    Both are using the latest sane versions, and saned is present in B's services and inetd.conf files. Other things set up as in documentation.

    B can scan localy with: scanimage -d epson:/dev/scg1

    But if A or B try scanimage -d net:B:epson:/dev/scg1f they get scanimage: open of device net:B:epson:/dev/scg1f failed: Error during device I/O and get (s/falken@A/falken@B also) Mar 17 12:14:16 utopia.grenville.co.uk saned[8575]: access by falken@A accepted Mar 17 12:14:16 utopia.grenville.co.uk saned[8575]: process_request: received unexpected procedure number 0 in the messages log.

    Is this a known issue ? Anything I've missed that is hidden in the docs ?

    And how do I compile (saned) with debugging support ?