Re: New CVS snapshot 20000213

From: Harry E. Clarke (hec@heclarke.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 04:26:30 PST

    There has been discussion recently about adding/removing compiler warnings.
    If you want to write good clean code that is portable, then use ANSI C
    compiler (not allowing tradtional C), and remove all warnings. The following
    flags should be used.

            -ansi -pedantic -Wall

    Adding the flag "-Wpointer-arith", is probably a good idea, or at least
    a very good reason why the warnings are OK.

    As the ansi and pedantic flags are not currently used, they should be
    introduced for the next release, after the release on Sunday.

    Harry

    <snip>