Re: Phantom 330 CX and microtek2 again

From: Joseph Rayford + Martina Eoff (j-m.eoff@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 12:47:14 PST

    Hi!
    My name is Joseph Eoff. I have been following the development of the
    microtek2 backend for a couple of months now and wanted to add a couple of
    comments on the 330CX.
    >Hello,
    >
    >thanks for the reply and the hints. Yes, in gray mode the image isn't
    >mirrored.
    Further note: The selection box IS reversed. The preview is shown
    properly, as is the scanned image, but if you select something from the
    right side then you get a piece from the left side in your final scan.

    >I created two log files, as you suggested, and a third from sane after
    >the scan with wine (when the scanner works o.k.). Both scans were color,
    >72 dpi and scan area 10x10mm from origin. The log files are in the
    >attached zip archive. Hope they help you, but if necessary I will try
    >the patched wine to get more information.
    >
    >by the way, I recognized that the value of the -t option of scanimage
    >seems to be ignored, the scan always starts at the top of the scan area
    >or a few lines before (under the white calibration stripe).
    >
    >Karsten
    Actually, I find that there is an offset at the beginning of every color
    scan, and the length of the offset seems to depend on the scan resolution.
    Also, in my latest try with the Sane 20000130 snapshot I couldn't seem to
    get the no back track option to do anything.
    I don't use scanimage. I use xsane (don't remember which version right
    now) and xscanimage through the GIMP.

    Joseph
    P.S. Please excuse me for writing this under Windows. I just happened to
    have it booted. JRE