Phantom 330 CX and microtek2 again

From: Karsten Festag (Karsten.Festag@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 12:36:04 PST

    Hello,
    I spend some time to play with my Phantom 330 CX (FW 1.26) and the
    pre0.9-version
    of the microtek2 backend (thanks to Bernd, who is fighting the strange
    behavior of the various types!). Here's the story:
    I'm using ppscsi 0.91, sane 1.00 with the upgrade patch to 1.01 and the
    microtek2-pre0.9.020100 backend.
    I am able to scan, but there are three points:
    -the option --backend-calibration=yes doesn't seem to work, (I can't
    hear the typical noise that the scanner makes under windows) and the
    fine vertical stripes that were mentioned before in this mailing list
    are there.
    -the image is horizontally mirrored (the preview also is)
    -when the scan is performed, the head turns back into starting positon,
    but it doesn't stop. The motor drives the head approx. 20 seconds
    against the stop, then the head returns to its normal starting position.
    If I did a scan under windows before and didn't switch off the scanner
    in the meantime then the behaviour is normal, the head stops right at
    the stop and goes into starting position. Starting only the Twain driver
    has no effect, only if a scan was performed the problem is fixed.

    I was able to get the scanner to work with wine (with scantest and with
    PaintShopPro) and to log some ASPI traces. So, Bernd, if you are
    interested in logfiles, let me know what information you need. For now,
    I did an "wine /dos/Programme/psp/psp.exe -debugmsg +aspi 2>wine.log".
    I didn't include the log here because it's about 40kByte and I'm not
    sure if I used the right debugging options, I'm using wine the first
    time and I'm not a programmer. Please tell me what I can do to support
    your work.

    Karsten