Re: Microtek Phantom 636cx again

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:25:09 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 09:03:25PM +0200, Novak Levente wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Last time I wrote that image mirroring problem on my Phantom 636cx is
> solved by Bernd's latest microtek2 backend. I am really sorry to say I
> was wrong, as the mirroring still exists. At that time, I flipped
> vertically the scanned image and as it was not mirrored, I thought it
> was OK. However with simply rotating it, the right and left sides are
> always inverted. Apologies for the misinformation.
> By the way, I looked into the code, and couldn't find any major
> difference between the August 22th and October 16th version of the
> driver concerning Left-to-Right or Right-to-Left scanning devices. What
> is the portion of code supposed to mirror the image if the scanning
> direction is inverted?

It looks as if you are right. The code is not in the release that I had
uploaded to the ftp server. In the meanwhile I have purchased a Phantom C6,
which is essentially the same as the Phantom 636cx, so I can test it myself.

I have included code to solve the mirror problem for all modes (before it
was only solved for color mode, and then not uploaded to the ftp server).

I am also *trying* to address the problem of the vertical stripes, which
in any case requires some major changes. That is why I do not have
a working backend at the moment, which is newer than the 161099 release, but
I will make an announcement, when it is working again.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de