Re: Microtek Scanning

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:14:32 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 06:54:06PM -0500, Jason Joy wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> I don't know if this is the proper forum to bring this up, but I thought
> I would try at the very least.

[...]

> [root@dilophosaurus sane.d]# find-scanner
> find-scanner: found scanner " scanner 330CS 1.34" at device
> /dev/scanner
> find-scanner: found scanner " scanner 330CS 1.34" at device /dev/sg0
> find-scanner: found scanner " scanner 330CS 1.34" at device /dev/sga

The backend which comes with the distributions does not yet recognize
this model. You can download a newer release from

ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2 .

However, be cautious. Some people with a Phantom 336cx (which is obviously
more or less the same like the Slimscan C3) have reported, that the
scanner has an offset at the beginning of a scan and then scans beyond the
bottom of the scan area, and the scanhead hits the bottom of the device.

So, keep your hand near the poweroff button, when you try it.

> Mmm. Again, interesting.
>
> My question is: Does this mean that SANE, which can at least touch the
> scanner, is infact incompatible with it? Is there any development along
> these lines and if I am not doing something extremely dumb and
> overlooking a obvious thing .... if it happens that this device is not
> yet supported, is there anyway I can contribute information or data so
> that one can be developed?

I am working on it, but do not know yet, when it will be readyi, and
will probably need some help, because I don't have such a model.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de