Re: SANE V2 - again...

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 16:47:21 +0200

Milon Firikis wrote:

> I put the these 4 cases (calibration, halftone, gamma, CCT) together
> because I think that they represent the same problem. I understood what
> you said, that you can eliminate the need of FILE downloading for some
> of them by making them "Well Known Option" but I never disagreed with
> that. I just said that a universal downloading option for FILES as
> argument, may prove handy, if not useful. I didn't want necessarily to
> cover all 4 cases. I most certainly prefer a "Well Known Option" where
> is possible.
>
> MF
>
> PS.
>
> I think this Download File operation is the equivalent of the RAW
> scanning. In both cases the frontend doesn't know what is carrying
> from/to disk/scanner.

Hi Milon,

the sane standard already defines all we need to support saving
the vector fileds to a file and loading them form a file.
This simply has to be done by a frontend, the transfer between
frontend and backend can be done as SET_OPTION of the SANE_RANGE.

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE