Re: HEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Luca Del Signore (lucadels@tin.it)
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 15:32:01 +0000

"Dr. Andreas Bolsch" wrote:

> Would be useful to describe your problem precisely instead of
> sending useless blabla.

Well if you take a look of my entire mail its FULLY explained!
Anyway, i think it would be useful to repeat myself:
I have an artec scanner at3 with an ava 1505. My linux partition is a
5.3 mandrake with kde 1.1 and kernel 2.2.5 recompiled with the
appropriate low-level driver.
It all works fine and it does recognize my scsi adapter perfectly (i
include my dmesg again)
But when i try to run scanimage or xscanimage, my artec begins
calibrating but then , instead of beginning the scan, everything freezes
and i have to reboot.
I would like to point out that i have tried everything i can
(considering i am using linux from
just three months and had no experience before except the f..ing
win98...), including creating a link /dev/sga /dev/scanner . I am
currently using SANE 1.01 (unsuccessfully) after having tried (equally
unsuccessfully) SANE 1.00-3 the result is always the same: my pc freezes
after the scanner calibration stage.
I was about to give up whe i saw that, on the SANE web site, that two
authors use successfully the same scanner (artec at3) with linux.
I have tried to send a mail to them AND I DIDNT GET ANY HELP (sorry to
repeat myself again).
That's all. I hope you can help and would like to ask you to forgive me
for my terrible english

Luca Del Signore
Viale Manlio gelsomini, 26
Rome Italy 00153