Re: Linux Driver for Primax Colorado Direct

Christian Ordig (chr.ordig@gmx.net)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:00:36 +0100 (CET)

On 19-Mar-99 Danilo Godec wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Marco Foglia wrote:
>
>> Primax Colorado Direct is out. At the moment
>> it is very experimental. Be warned!
>>
>> You can get it directly from
>>
>> http://spinor1.physik.unizh.ch:8080/primax_scan-0.2.tgz
>>
>> or
>>
>> from the Primax Project Page at
>>
>> http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/
>
> I tried the driver with Primax 4800 DIRECT (I know this is not
> the *same* as Colorado Direct, but was hoping these two are somewhat
> compatible :((( ).
>
> All I get is nothing. When I start primax_scan it finds the port and it
> creates a test.tiff file - the size varies with the -p and -d parameters
> (just as if it was scanning :) ), however the scanner never moves, it
> doesn't turn on the light or anything.
>
> The driver (program) also doesn't say anything about finding or
> recognizing the scanner (if it should)...
>
> D.
>
> PS.: I'm sad, cause I still need to have Weentendo installed on one
> machine.

Hi Danilo,

make sure you´ve switched off all other devices using the parallel port (e.g.
your printer...)

---
Christian Ordig             | The Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X |
Germany                     |   http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/   |
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and       |
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting   |
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.            |