Re: Linux Driver for Primax Colorado Direct

Danilo Godec (danci@kibla.org)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:35:47 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Marco Foglia wrote:

> Primax Colorado Direct is out. At the moment
> it is very experimental. Be warned!
>
> You can get it directly from
>
> http://spinor1.physik.unizh.ch:8080/primax_scan-0.2.tgz
>
> or
>
> from the Primax Project Page at
>
> http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/

I tried the driver with Primax 4800 DIRECT (I know this is not
the *same* as Colorado Direct, but was hoping these two are somewhat
compatible :((( ).

All I get is nothing. When I start primax_scan it finds the port and it
creates a test.tiff file - the size varies with the -p and -d parameters
(just as if it was scanning :) ), however the scanner never moves, it
doesn't turn on the light or anything.

The driver (program) also doesn't say anything about finding or
recognizing the scanner (if it should)...

D.

PS.: I'm sad, cause I still need to have Weentendo installed on one
machine.