Re: Linux Driver for Primax Colorado Direct

Danilo Godec (danci@kibla.org)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:44:32 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Danilo Godec wrote:

> the *same* as Colorado Direct, but was hoping these two are somewhat
> compatible :((( ).
>
> All I get is nothing. When I start primax_scan it finds the port and it
> creates a test.tiff file - the size varies with the -p and -d parameters
> (just as if it was scanning :) ), however the scanner never moves, it
> doesn't turn on the light or anything.
>
> The driver (program) also doesn't say anything about finding or
> recognizing the scanner (if it should)...

After I increased the verbosity level, I get countless 'timeout: 7f -- we
are in trouble' messages, sometimes separated by 'init_timer: ...'
message.

The process stops with 'power_sequence: failed - TIMEOUT' and another few
of the above messages.

D.